Daniel and Rolf Grünig, the sons of Kurt Grünig, manage the company as a pure family business.
The modern hunting and shooting sports centre in Malters was opened in 2007. The shop contains a wide range of sporting-, hunting- and leisure rifles and accessories.
In our own shooting range we shoot at 10m and 50m with the aim to find the optimal ammunition for you.
Digital evaluations of the shooting results allow an exact fine tuning.
In our in-house gunsmith's workshop the rifles can be checked for correct function and repaired if necessary.
How it all began...
The later Olympic champion said to his wife before his departure to London in 1948:
"If it should succeed, it will be now!"
- 1937: World champion in Helsinki
- 1939: Vice World Champion in Lucerne
- 1947: World Champion in Stockholm
- 1948: Olympic champion in London
- 1949: Vice World Champion in Buenos Aires
- 1952: World champion in Oslo
- 1955: Vice European Champion in Bucharest
Kurt Grünig's uncle Walther Lienhard founded the arms factory W. Lienhard in 1922. As 5 times world champion he had the best conditions to develop modern and competitive sport rifles.
Kurt Grünig and Heinz Elmiger took over production in 1962 and founded Grünig + Elmiger AG.
In 1968 the company finally moved to Malters.